On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:00, James R. Frysinger wrote:
> There has been some major rewriting done here on the brochure. Some
> interesting changes have been made to the units, as well. For example,
> the dalton (Da) now has the status of legitimacy as "acceptable for use
> with the SI" as an alternative unit name for the unified atomic mass
> (u).

I like this. This unit is used with prefixes to measure masses of proteins and
such. "Unified atomic mass kilounit" is clunky, and "kilounified atomic mass
unit" even more so.

On Sunday 21 May 2006 16:53, James R. Frysinger wrote:
> In contrast, the hectare (ha) has been elevated to Table 6 from Table 8.
>
> Table 8 has seen some changes, too. The are is gone (and the hectare
> moved to Table 6). The millimeter of mercury has been added. The
> nautical mile and the knot have been given symbols --- M (alternatively
> NM, Nm, and nmi) and kn, respectively).

Having the hectare without the are is silly. As I explained before, I think
the dunam should be used instead.

> Table 10 has been deleted. A URL is provided to an online replacement
> for this table but it is not yet active. Table 10 contained only a
> small set of examples; perhaps the online table will contain more when
> it has been prepared.

I clicked on it and was redirected to a page at NIST. (Actually my browser
took it to be a local file; I had to edit the URL.) The dunam isn't listed
there either.

phma