I stand corrected and bow to the master :). Thanks for that. I knew if I
asked I'd get a reaply.

Mike

On 3/4/07, Bill Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 On 2007 Mar 3 , at 11:33 AM, Mike Millet wrote:

  It's (metrication) much more common in eastern Canada than Western
Canada. Probably because Western Canada had some of the worst resistence to
going metric.

This is all from what I've observed so anyone who is Canadian feel free to
chime in with corrections if necessary :).

(ding, dong) <--- the chimes, you know!

 My son lives in western Canada and on all my visits to him as well as
correspondence with him, both he and Alberta are very much metric and with
no apologies or regrets. If anything, the influence of the US is rejected
and disdained, even though non-metric is occasionally and begrudgingly used
as a result of that influence.
 Bill Hooper
1810 mm tall
Fernandina Beach, Florida, USA

--
"The boy is dangerous, they all sense it why can't you?"