Many of them are now 1.5 quarts.  Same price, of course.

Carleton

From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of John Woelflein
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 16:57
To: U.S. Metric Association
Cc: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:43093] Re: consumer education on the metric system

Reminds me: when did the dairy industry broadcast the change in ice cream
products' size, from a half-gallon container to 1.75 quarts? Grrrrrrrrr.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM, STANLEY DOORE <stan.do...@verizon.net>
wrote:

    McDonald's restaurant  is moving in the right direction.

    On its new table top flip device telling about its history and food
quality, except for calories, metric was used throughout (g & mg etc).  Only
totals were listed in both oz and grams.  It's a major step toward the SI.

    Stan Doore