From: Stephen Mangum
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:35 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:43595] Re: Arizona I-19 losing kilometer signs

The Department of Transportation says that the Interstate Highway System is
46,876 miles [75,439 km] long.   If the cost for changing over 100 km of roads
is $1,500,000 then in theory to change over all Highway signs to metric would
cost $1,131,585,000.

Stephen Mangum

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM, John M. Steele <jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net>