Dear John,

Thanks for that reference. I have passed it on to the leaders of the fire service here in Victoria together with my offer to become involved in the metric training program for our fire fighters. Many years ago I was a volunteer fire fighter but, alas no more. I fear that in my current state of fitness I would be an impediment to my fellow fire fighters.

Cheers,

Pat Naughtin
Geelong, Australia