Actually I agree with you - seems to be an odd bit of wording there.

From: j...@frewston.plus.com
To: usma@colostate.edu
Subject: [USMA:44221] Metrication US
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:44:17 +0100

Who is responsible for the Metrication US website?  Is it officially related to
the USMA?  All our emails appear on it.

Its tag line is '...slowly getting there, inch by inch'.

I think this needs changing!

1.  While (sadly) we may be slowly getting there, we don't need to make it an
attribute!  It should be something more positive.

2.  Inch by inch?   This is a METRIC website!!    Whether the inch by inch was
meant to be tongue in cheek, I don't know, but a lot of people will take that
literally (especially the Stephen Humphreys of this world).

This tag line needs to be changed!

John F-L
Free photo editing software from Windows LiveĀ . Try it now!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665240/direct/01/