I remember seeing in South African newspapers a mention on cumsecs which are m3/s. This in relation to the flow of water over a dam wall or down a river.

Michael Payne
----- Original Message ----- > "STANLEY DOORE" <stan.do...@verizon.net> wrote:

To go along with putting L (liter) first, I suggest >using the kL(kiloliter) in place of a cubic meter in non->engineering (public) usage. kL is much easier to use and is >more understandable by the public. kL would be
especially useful to describe river and stream flow, lake >volume, etc..
kL is already *rejected* in NIST documents on SI.
Acceptance of kL is a battle you will have to wage without my support. Gene.