From: Harry Wyeth <hbwy...@earthlink.net>
To: U..S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 12:08:24 AM
Subject: [USMA:44707] Metric horse boots

Some horse owners opt not to shoe their horses, and instead ride them barefoot
(works with some hard-footed horses) or with slip/strap-on boots (good when the
ground is rocky). One popular boot brand is Easy Boot, and they have a new type
of boot that they say fits so well that very careful hoof measurement is
critical.  So they require owners to measure their horses' feet in
millimeters.  See:

http://www.easycareinc.com/Our_Boots/Easyboot_Glove/easyboot-glove_sizing.aspx

The other companies that make competing boots have not, to my knowledge,
recognized the advantages of measuring in millimeters.

HARRY WYETH