Spelling "gauge" instead of "gage" would also be refinement.   ;)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [USMA:45415] Re: Spelling metre or meter
From: "STANLEY DOORE" <stan.do...@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, July 17, 2009 7:17 am
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>

    Spelling is not all that important if understood in context; however using the meter spelling for a gage and the metre spelling for length/distance would be a refinement.  When the SI symbol is used, it's unambiguous.
    It's a similar problem as the words further (for more) and farther (for distance).  They are used interchangeably, and incorrectly,  by many here in the United States.  It shows a lack of education.
    Stan Doore