  From: Harry Wyeth
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 3:45 AM
  Subject: [USMA:46543] "Go Metric" bumper sticker; centimeters

  It has been years since I have seen a "Go Metric" bumper sticker,  but there
was one on a silver Subaru with a ski rack driving downhill on I-80 in
California today.  Could it belong to one of our readers?

  Aren't these bumper stickers sold by the USMA?

  On centimeters: They are really useful for measuring ski lengths and bicycle
tube lengths.  No one refers to "1700 mm" skis or a "490 mm" seat tube on a
bicycle.

  HARRY WYETH