From: "John Frewen-Lord" <j...@frewston.plus.com>
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:03:43 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [USMA:46784] Re: Canadians seem to have nailed metrication when it
comes to weather

<snip>

I have just got back from a visit to Canada. Re my previous note some time ago
on sizes of products in Canadian stores, most products are labelled ONLY in
metric - even those marked as 946 mL, 3.78 L, etc. But in fact, I found the
oddest collection of product sizes I have ever seen - 532 mL, 1.03 L, 1.07 L
(go figure!), 612 mL, and so on, along with more rational sizes. I don't
remember it this way. I cannot make any sense of those values (and many more
like them) no matter what measurment units you use - metric, USC or UK/Canadian
imperial.