To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:16 AM
Subject: [USMA:49150] Re: Construction SI

Of course the components would be mm, they are all small items and should be mm. I am talking the layout of these drilled holes (not hole size), studs, columns, or walls for buildings, or slopes, pitches, room sizes, levelness, and areas sizes -- mm precision does not make sense. Cabinetry, is not building construction, needs more precision than a building. What is the tolerances in construction that requires +- 1 mm exactness, that cm or tolerances of +-.25 cm can not be used? A drill is a drill is a drill, it is not hole distance, or board length or layout. Just for reference 1/16" is 1.6 mm rounded. 1/8" is 3.2 mm 1/4" is 6.4 mm, since I am American and was never taught Metric in school. Anyways I did not think 1.1 cm, 2.2 cm, 3.3 cm .... 9.9 cm would be a problem. I guess it does not matter.

Id put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we dont have to wait til oil and coal run out before we tackle that. I wish I had a few more years left. -- Thomas Edison♽☯♑