From: mech...@illinois.edu
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:30:15 AM
Subject: [USMA:50136] Re: 'Words' and their impact on metrication in the USA

Bob, Tim, and Ron,

Here is an even better acronym for units "Outside the SI" (OSI).

OSI is shorter than USC, and shorter than inch-pound.  Even if, by a typo
error, OSI appears as 0SI (The zero "0 " is directly above O on most
keyboards.) it still conveys the same "0utside SI" meaning, and OSI can be
construed to exclude the units isted in Table 10 and Table 11 of NIST SP 811,
on Page 11, such as erg, dyne. gauss, torr, kgf, calorie, etc. as "not accepted
for use with the SI by this Guide" SP 811.

Gene.