Carleton,

I use your 'colonial units' designator in a recent posting to USMA, NIST,
NSF, The WTO and OSTP.  I'm going to try to put that phraseology into
Alabama Code, and will use it  in public discourse as well.

Thanks!  I like it.  The nuances and connotations are exactly the ones I've
been searching for.

Tim Williamson

--
*