  From: John M. Steele
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 11:43 PM
  Subject: [USMA:50625] Re: Reduced standard sized

  Seriously, I would call the State weights & measures inspectors.  The first
two are exceptionally misleading as the cans are labelled only in milliliters.
You would have to know that a quart is 946 mL to know you are being ripped off.
 The last one is dual, and slightly more people might know that 28.5 fl oz is
not a quart.  But it is still deceptive.

  I assume the cans contain what is marked so the manufacturer is probably
legal.  The shelf edge sticker is misleading and that is the store.  (Does
paint fall under UPLR? Is the metric only marking on 2 cans one of the first
usages of permissive-metric-only under the UPLR?  Too bad that with the store's
error, the effect is to cheat the customer.)