(C) 931.212.0267
(H) 931.657.3107
(F) 931.657.3108

On 2013-03-13 13:03, John M. Steele wrote:
Well, it is obviously a matter of opinion and we all have one.
I have also used Weather Underground, and they are good.  I don't
dispute that. I do urge that data from "personal weather stations" be
taken with a grain of salt.  These are not certified, calibrated
instruments and they are often poorly placed.  After noting WIDE
discrepancies in ones near my home, I disabled their display in Weather
Underground, only letting it display nearest airport (the sites run by NWS).
Up until some time last year (in the fall??) I would have agreed that WU
had a better display.  NWS greatly improved their scripts for their
weather pages.  For their "point forecasts" I prefer their page now
(point forecasts are by zip code or small town).  Their zone forecasts,
at a county level, are still nothing to write home about.  If you
haven't looked at NWS lately, I recommend looking at the point forecast
for your zip code vs Weather Underground and form your own opinion.  See
my earlier note if you can't figure out how to switch the NWS page to
metric.
WU does include the METAR, the raw weather observations broadcast to
pilots.  A coded text format, but they have a primer on how to read it.
Sometimes it helps to see the raw data and units.  Via a link at the
bottom, NWS has a very nice tabular, hourly forecast for the next 48 h.
In my opinion, it is worth having bookmarks to both for your base
location(s).  Which one you use most is up to you.