Well, I don't much care what derogatory term is made up, but the old US units
would appear to have an official name.  At the request of Congress, the
National Bureau of Standards (precursor to NIST) published a summary of weights
& measures used in the United States in the Federal Register, 1968-07-27,
citing their delegated authority to determine weights and measures.  That text
is reproduced in NIST SP 447, Appendix 8:
http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP447/app8.pdf

It uses the phrase "U.S. Customary" units in several places to describe
traditional inch/pound units used in the US, and also lists metric units in
use.  In addition, the FPLA uses the phrases "customary inch/pound system" and
"SI metric system" to describe the compulsory two systems of marking net
contents.  I find no laws about weights and measures defining a "standard" unit
system; however, applying it to both Customary and SI makes "standard"
non-standard.  Since the term "Customary" is reserved under rule and law
(subtle distinction in the US between agencies and Congress) for the
traditional US inch/pound units, I consider a statement that the SI is the new
customary to be disingenuous and serves only to confuse (and destroy?) the
meaning of the word, but I would be quite willing to have it be the "new
standard."

I suppose USMA could take the position "it doesn't matter what we call it as
long as long as we abolish it" but that is (sadly) a long way from happening.
The unique US system is Customary, the unique UK system is Imperial (what
little of it remains, most units have been withdrawn) and the worldwide system
(including those two) is SI.
.