From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf Of
j...@frewston.plus.com
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 2:18 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:54286] Re: [USMA:54283] RE: He won’t touch issue with
3.048-meter pole

I would suggest do not replace these colloquialisms – both of these (and
others, like yardstick) now have meanings that bear little relationship to
their original measurement purpose, but instead have much wider connotations
that are used around the English speaking world (and other countries where
English is understood to some degree).

John F-L