I can answer the question related to the padding. I am not sure about the
rest.

Ettus Padding: An ethernet frame has 6 bytes of destination MAC address and
6 bytes of Source MAC address. Since we use 64 bits/8 bytes of data in one
clock cycle, we add a 6 byte padding in front of the ethernet packet. The
new packet becomes:
< 6 bytes padding> 80 00
20 7A 3F 3E 80 00 20 20
and so on...

[image: Inline image 1]

We just ignore the 6 bytes of padding in the eth_dispatch block. It is used
to align the incoming packet to make classification easier.

- Sugandha

--
Sugandha Gupta
Staff Software Engineer