Hi,

How can I upgrade a standard Octoclock CDA-2990 to a Octoclock-G CDA-2990?
Can I just put in the GPSDO. Or do I need to do more?

I already have a Board Mounted 783173-01 GPSDO (OCXO) (LC_XO with OCXO)

The documentation says:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_octoclock.html
Both OctoClock models can input a 10 MHz reference and a 1 PPS signal via the
SMA connectors EXT 10 MHZ INPUT and EXT PPS INPUT, respectively, located on the
front of the device. Additionally, the OctoClock-G contains an internal GPSDO
which provides its own internal references to the device.

There is a switch on the front panel of the device with two positions INTERNAL and EXTERNAL that specifies which reference will be used, when applicable. For the OctoClock, there is no internal timing or clocking source, so the OctoClock will always use external 10 MHz and 1 PPS sources,

Is the switch not connected on the Octoclock?
Or is it a software/firmware/EEPROM setting?

Thanks in advance?

Martin