Pol,

Glad to hear it! I can answer at least a few of your questions.

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 3:32 AM Pol Henarejos <pol.henare...@cttc.cat> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have more news on that. After following the steps provided by Nick, I
> finally succeed with the loopback. However, I have some observations:
> 1- At the Addendum, it is described that set_tx_streamer shall be used
> with E310. After many hours spent, I tried to set it also with X300 and
> it worked with a simple flowgraph. So, my impression is that the
> set_tx_streamer has to be also used in the case of X300, at least in my
> case.

That's very strange to me, although I know they've updated the streamer
logic since I've last merged from rfnoc-devel.

> 2- I use the rfnoc-devel commit f3118cb6.
> 3- I had to employ the 120 Msps master_clock_rate. For higher master
> rates, the system does not work. No errors nor complains are displayed.
> The leds just do not blink.

Can you be very specific about what the flowgraph looked like which would
not work at 200Msps?

> 4- In very very simple flowgraphs (radio RX -> radio TX without
> queues/FIFOs) the loopback works at 200 Msps, but if some additional
> blocks (splitters, adders, duc/ddc) are added, the system does not work
> (no errors again, just leds off).

This is because RFNoC blocks have a total input/output bandwidth which is
independent of the number of inputs/outputs. You get enough bandwidth to
stream 1 input/1 output at 200Msps, but if you use a splitter (1 input, 2
outputs) or an addsub (2 inputs, 2 outputs) you can no longer stream at
full rate.

> 5- The presence of ddc/duc to reduce the clock_rate of intermediate
> blocks seems that does not affect to the performance. All intermediate
> blocks can work at 120 Msps but not at 200.

I'm assuming this is related to the 1in/1out thing.

> 6- I cannot stop the workflow. This is very annoying because I have to
> power off the USRP *every time* that I run the flowgraph. Even though I
> send STREAM_MODE_STOP_CONTINUOUS to both rx radio and I set
> set_tx/rx_streamer to false, the loopback still runs. I use GRC and I am
> not sure wether is caused by gnuradio or RFNoC. I am going to work with
> this.

Simplest thing to do is just run uhd_usrp_probe. I would have guessed
sending a stream command which stops things would work as well but to be
honest I haven't tried it because my use case doesn't demand it.

Nick