Hi Brendon,

I have an example repo that shows how to use out-of-tree makefiles with
xilinx IP (.xci definitions): github.com/ejk43/rfnoc-ootexample

Please feel free to copy this format-  a few other rfnoc developers on the
mailing list indicated it has worked for them too.

Note that the rfnoc blocks are currently targeting the uhd-fpga source code
as of Vivado 2015.4, and the testbenches will NOT currently run against
most recent uhd-fpga and Vivado 2017.4. I would really appreciate a PR to
update the IP to use vivado 2017.4 and noc blocks with the new inputs to
the noc_shell :) I'll update it "eventually" but no idea when exactly.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing your OOT fpga blocks :)

EJ