I am not an FPGA or Vivado expert, but I tried to do the same thing. I
believe Vivado is limited to 4 cores, so sadly, it seems like your best bet
is to get a quad-core with the fastest clock you can find. I think AWS just
released a "frequency-optimized" instance family. Maybe take a look at that.

Ultimately, Vivado sucks for not supporting arbitrary numbers of cores.
There's not a small but of irony in a embarrassingly parallel device being
developed on a few cores...

- Dan

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:11 PM Jason Matusiak via USRP-users <
usrp-users@lists.ettus.com> wrote:

> I know Vivado build times are dependent on how optimized you want things
> and how utilized the FPGA is, but is there a way to speed up the build
> times?
>
> I started doing my builds on a server thinking it would be a huge boost
> from my PC, but I am not really seeing a difference.  It has 64 cores and
> 300Gb of RAM, but if I look at my usage while building an image, I see a
> single core pegged at 100%, and I am only using about 6Gb of RAM.
>
> My image is taking about 2 hours these days, but I was hoping to speed
> things up a bit if it is possible (I know Vivado has some hooks to do
> things, but I don't know if it will mess up the X310 build process).

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob