On 07/26/2018 01:30 PM, Андрій Хома wrote:

    Have you changed your cpu governor to performance?

yes

    Have you tuned your network interface profile with ethtool -g?

When I work with a usrp x310 - yes

    I found that maxing out that buffer size helped lots.

i playing with it

    You may also have to manually schedule your threads if using
    isolcpus/numactl/taskset. I noticed that the linux scheduler did a
    poor job of distributing threads to different processors.

I allocated usrps for a completely separate processor (the motherboard supports two) All of the above really helps and works!But when you just run, for example, leafpad... "OOO" 😂
Nobody ever met this?
Yes. This is due to the subtleties of scheduling and interrupt handling in general-purpose operating systems. When you're streaming at high rates, it doesn't take much in the way of "not paying attention to that I/O while I do this other thing" to cause you to fill up buffers
  very quickly.

How much physical memory do you have?