On 09/03/2018 08:21 PM, Chintan Patel via USRP-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have defined a new readback register in the FPGA in the b205_core
> file, adjacent to the lock state register. What is the least invasive
> function call/method in the UHD driver/software to be able to read this
> newly defined register?

This is how the lock state reg is read:
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/6013a511370b9452020adfc72d7893f1c3bb2963/host/lib/usrp/b200/b200_impl.cpp#L1325

...and if you want to read your own readback regs on that address space,
you'll need to add code that does something similar. The easiest way is
to then bind that register to a property and you can read it out in your
own software.

However, we recently added an even-less invasive way of accessing user
regs. However, they would have to live in the user_regs address space.
See the manual for more info:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_b200.html#b200_customfpga

-- M