Thanks again Marcus,

Just to be clear, when you say I can stream at 56MS/s on a single channel,
is it in sc16, sc12 or sc8?

I tried on a different machine, with i7-8550U and 8 or 16GB of RAM.

On Windows, I'm getting the same as before, ie lots of overflows, with
rx_samples_to_file.exe.

On Linux (from the Gnu Radio Live Environment), I installed UHD v3.13.0.1,
With rx_samples_to_file, I still can't choose sc12:

Error: LookupError: KeyError: Cannot find a conversion routine for
> conversion ID
>   Input format:  sc12_item32_le
>   Num inputs:    1
>   Output format: sc16
>   Num outputs:   1

What does that mean exactly? The B210 can send the data over USB in sc12,
but then UHD doesn't have a method to convert to sc16?
Is this a limitation to rx_samples_to_file, or I'll get the same error if I
make my own C++ program?

I also tried benchmark_rate. In random mode, I have no overflow in sc8, but
in sc16 I have lots of overflows and error messages. Without the random
mode, I can go up to 36MS/s in sc16, and 56MS/s in sc12! So for some reason
it seems I can use sc12 with benchmark_rate but not rx_samples_to_file. I'm
a bit loss.