On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 11:01:18AM -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>      I also tried benchmark_rate. In random mode, I have no overflow in sc8,
>      but in sc16 I have lots of overflows and error messages. Without the
>      random mode, I can go up to 36MS/s in sc16, and 56MS/s in sc12! So for
>      some reason it seems I can use sc12 with benchmark_rate but not
>      rx_samples_to_file. I'm a bit loss.
>
>    That just means that the implementation of the random function on Windows
>    is probably rather slow.

If I may add some comments: We *do* have converters from sc12 to sc16,
so I'm not sure what's up with that. If you have a modern computer, 56
Msps isn't considered a massive amount (GNU Radio, for example, should
have no issues chomping away that much on a modern PC).
I suspect you might have stumbled across some corner-case bug, although
it's interesting that we haven't seen this more often.

With a single channel, you should be able to go all the way up to 61.44
Msps over USB3. If you do dual-channel full-duplex, the interface
between the FX3 and the FPGA can't handle that much data unless you drop
down to sc12.

-- Martin