From: Marcus D. Leech <mle...@ripnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:05:29 AM
To: Koyel Das (Vehere); 'USRP-users@lists.ettus.com'
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Sampler clock common or not?

On 09/15/2018 11:32 PM, Koyel Das (Vehere) wrote:
I don’t have access to the flowgraph currently but it’s the same flowgraph I
sent earlier in my other previous email for 2955 R. I have UHD with two
channels, each channel connected to a file sink. One channel is set to TX/RX,
another to RX2. I am sampling at 1 msps. I am capturing data from two channels,
storing in file and then reading them in matlab and cross correlating them to
get phase difference but the phase difference for any particular frequency bin
is showing deviations with time. Deviations are huge sometimes +-pi.

Regards,
Koyel
I would say that you're doing something wrong in the post-processing.

I routinely use USRPs of all types for interferometry in radio astronomy, where
the long term phase noise has to be very low, or your
  data is rubbish.