On 10/16/2018 12:00 PM, Nick Foster wrote:
Wait, what? I've been using REF OUT for years now. What am I missing? What does "aren't actually fully supported" mean?
My understanding, and R&D can correct me if I'm wrong, is that the REF OUT not only has no phase-length compensation, but it's
  a regenerated signal with unpleasant phase-noise.

But if those issues have been addressed, then I retract my statement.