[Note: I have already sent this message to the list, but before
subscribing to it, and it seems that for this reason, the message has
not been delivered. I am making a second attempt after having
subscribed. Please accept my apologies in case you received it twice.]

Hi,

I am using an Ettus USRP N210 with a LF RX daughterboard [1] to
*receive* signals.

After having tuned to a frequency of 1 MHz with this call (which I
understand corresponds to a full 'automatic policy' for the tuning):

  uhd::tune_request_t frequency{1.0};
  uhd::tune_result_t t_res;
  t_res = usrp->set_rx_freq(freq, chan);

I display results of the tuning request using 't_res.to_pp_string()'
and get:

Tune Result:
    Target RF  Freq: 1.000000 (MHz)
    Actual RF  Freq: 0.000000 (MHz)
    Target DSP Freq: -1.000000 (MHz)
    Actual DSP Freq: -1.000000 (MHz)

Now, this section of the documentation [2] stipulates:
<<
Note that the meaning of the DSP frequency's sign differs between TX
and RX operations. The target frequency is the result of target_freq =
rf_freq + sign * dsp_freq. For TX, sign is negative, and for RX, sign
is positive.

I'm trying to make sense of these figures. But unless I am mistaken,
applying the formula above with a positive sign (since I am interested
in _receiving_ and have just set the RX frequency) leads to results I
fail to grasp properly:
- with the 'Target' figures: 1 + (-1) = 0
- with the 'Actual' figures: 0 + (-1) = -1

During the same execution, usrp->get_rx_freq() returns a result which
seems compliant to the tuning request: 1000000.000931 Hz.

So my question is: how should the figures found in the 'tune_request_t'
structure be read and understood?

I would be most grateful for any help you could provide.

Kind Regards,

Imad

[1] Details about the hardware I'm using:

$ uhd_usrp_probe
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 7.3.0; Boost_106501; UHD_3.14.0.0-
229-gc34fa6d8
|       Device: USRP2 / N-Series Device
|     _____________________________________________________
|    /