Thank you very much for your prompt reply, and thank you for clarifying
the reason for the 'DSP Freq' values found in the 'tune_request_t'
struct, which are both equal to -1 MHz:

Target DSP Freq: -1.000000 (MHz)
Actual DSP Freq: -1.000000 (MHz)

However, I still cannot figure out how these values could be combined
with the two other values

Target RF  Freq: 1.000000 (MHz)
Actual RF  Freq: 0.000000 (MHz)

in the formula which appears in the documentation excerpt I quoted:
'target_freq = rf_freq + sign * dsp_freq'.

Does trying to do so make any sense? I was assuming that, in this
formula, 'target_freq' was the frequency I was interested into, and
tuning to, but maybe I am wrong.

Again, thank you for your help and insight on this.

Kind Regards,

Imad