Von: USRP-users <usrp-users-boun...@lists.ettus.com> Im Auftrag von Piotr
Krysik via USRP-users
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. März 2019 14:52
An: usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
Betreff: Re: [USRP-users] Phase after Freq Hopping

W dniu 12.03.2019 o 17:49, Patscheider, Dominik via USRP-users pisze:

> Hello ,
>

> For a Radar I´m transmitting and receiving with the USRP X310 samples
> on different frequency steps.
>

> For instance, after 4 frames I´m coming back to the first center freq
> and continue this a few times. Hope the following description helps…
>

> f3                   |phase4|       |…|
>
> f2                  |phase3|       |…|
>
> f1               |phase2|       |phase6|       …
>
> f0            |phase1|       |phase5|
>
>                 t ------>
>
> According to the freq adjust every frame starts with a new phase.
>
> Phase 1 ≠Phase 5
>

> Is there any possibility to get the same phase after returning to the
> same center freq? Phase 1=Phase 5, Phase 2 = Phase 6,…

Hi Dominik,

Can you describe what you want to achieve exactly? Probably you need to know
phase relations because you want to do coherent processing of the signal. But
from your description I don't know:
-why on your ASCII art the signals transmitted on different frequencies seems
to be overlapped?
-which you part of it you want to process coherently?

I also often use USRPs for radar transmissions. Issues with predicting initial
phase difference of the received signal, in relation to digital waveform that
is being transmitted, are much easier to overcome when you use timed commands
to set the frequencies on Rx and Tx side synchronously (if you use UBX or SBX
daughter-boards).

Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik