From: Sam Reiter <sam.reit...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2020 1:15 PM
To: Carmichael, Ryan <ryan.carmich...@dynetics.com>
Cc: usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [USRP-users] X310 UHD 3.15 Lockups

I would suspect that your setting of the time_spec with an uninitialized value
could be a problem. rx_multi_samples sets up multi-channel RX with an
initialized time_spec:

https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/UHD-3.15.LTS/host/examples/rx_multi_samples.cpp

Can you compile and run that example on 3.15?

-Sam

Sam,

Thanks for the suggestion. time_spec uninitialized takes the default of zero,
right?

If I run rx_multi_samples with --secs 0, I get an error “Error: Receiver error
ERROR_CODE_LATE_COMMAND”, which we aren’t seeing in our usage (instead we just
see it never return).

If I run rx_multi_samples with another value (like --secs 0.1) it works fine.

But the code I showed works 99.9% of the time. But when we run it for hours on
end, it eventually locks up. I can try running rx_multi_samples with a very
large --nsamps but that testing will take a while.

Thanks,
Ryan

The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain
privileged and/or proprietary information that is intended solely for the
person or entity to which it is addressed. Moreover, it may contain export
restricted technical data controlled by Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or re-export to foreign or domestic entities by
anyone other than the intended recipient in accordance with EAR and/or ITAR
regulations is prohibited.