On 07/21/2020 10:53 AM, Carmichael, Ryan via USRP-users wrote:

On the DPDK page (https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_dpdk.html) the following statement is made:

“Device discovery via DPDK is not currently implemented, so the device args |mgmt_addr|, |addr|, and |second_addr| (if applicable) must all be specified at runtime. There is no mechanism for MPM's TCP/IP control traffic to flow over a link that is occupied by DPDK, so mgmt_addr must point to a link that is not used for CHDR, such as N310's RJ45 port.”

I’ve been using the X310 without DPDK with dual 10Gb SPI/SFP+ connections (192.168.30.2, 192.168.40.2). Once I start DPDK, ifconfig no longer shows the NICs at all, which I assume is what it is supposed to be doing. My question is, what is the ‘mgmt_addr’ ? I’ve never used it before when using the X310. And how do I make sure the mgmt_addr isn’t using a CHDR link? The X310 only has two RJ45s, right – and they’re both being used by DPDK.

Thanks,

-Ryan

/Actualy the X310 has two *SFP+* connections, and an RJ-45 connection. Now, on yours, you may have put SFP+ to RJ-45 adaptors on, but natively they're SFP+. The single RJ-45 connector is the "management port"--which can also support data transfer at lower speeds.

/