On 07/21/2020 10:53 AM, Carmichael, Ryan via USRP-users wrote:

On the DPDK page (https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_dpdk.html) the following statement is made:

“Device discovery via DPDK is not currently implemented, so the device args |mgmt_addr|, |addr|, and |second_addr| (if applicable) must all be specified at runtime. There is no mechanism for MPM's TCP/IP control traffic to flow over a link that is occupied by DPDK, so mgmt_addr must point to a link that is not used for CHDR, such as N310's RJ45 port.”

I’ve been using the X310 without DPDK with dual 10Gb SPI/SFP+ connections (192.168.30.2, 192.168.40.2). Once I start DPDK, ifconfig no longer shows the NICs at all, which I assume is what it is supposed to be doing. My question is, what is the ‘mgmt_addr’ ? I’ve never used it before when using the X310. And how do I make sure the mgmt_addr isn’t using a CHDR link? The X310 only has two RJ45s, right – and they’re both being used by DPDK.

Thanks,

-Ryan

//
/Ignore my last.

Yes, the X310 has only the two ports. I was suffering from cognitive pollution between the N310 and X310.

So, this is an excellent point. I don't use DPDK myself, since my hosts don't have the right NICs, and it's really only justified for very high
  sample rates.

Also, X310 is not an MPM device, so the comments about MPM traffic aren't relevant to X310 as far as I know.

/