Hi Marcus,

>> It seems to make a difference if set_tx_bandwidth is called before or
>> after get_tx_stream.
>>
>> In the example programs, they all seem to do it before, however, it
>> appears to work better afterwards. Please see the attached two
>> programmes, which are basically just your tx_samples_c program, except
>> I've added in calls to set_tx_bandwidth and set samples to 0.
>>
>> I run with the args: -f 868300000 -g 89 -r 6000000
>>
>> For lo_leakage_pre.c where bandwidth is set before get_tx_stream,
>> carrier is at -1dBm. For lo_leakage_post.c, where bandwidth is set to
>> 56M before get_tx_stream, then 6M afterwards, carrier is at -30dBm.
>>

>Yup, so the default behavior in UHD for B2xx is to set the analog bandwidth
>  to be commensurate with sample-rate, and that is done inside the
> parts of UHD that set sample rate--sample-rate setting is done before
>   you create a stream.
>
>So a set-bandwidth call will only have an effect *after* the sample-rates
are
>  established.

Sorry, but I don't follow. The order in the example programs is:

set_tx_rate
set_tx_freq
set_tx_bandwidth
get_tx_stream

So bandwidth is set after tx_rate, but before getting the tx_stream.
However, this seems to result in large LO leakage on my B210.

What seems to work better, is:

set_tx_rate
set_tx_freq
set_tx_bandwidth(56e6)
get_tx_stream
set_tx_bandwidth(desired)

Does that make sense to you?

The software I'm working on should ideally work with any USRP device, so how
can it be written to support all devices?

Thanks,
Jon