Rob,

The -I option is meant for out-of-tree blocks, which are supposed to follow
the same structure as the example. The switchboard.yml file is missing a
line that indicates where its makefile.srcs is:

makefile_srcs:
"${fpga_lib_dir}/blocks/rfnoc_block_switchboard/Makefile.srcs"

See one of the other in-tree RFNoC blocks for an example (e.g.,
uhd/host/include/uhd/rfnoc/blocks/fir_filter.yml). Once you add that then
you shouldn't need to specify it using -I. I'll see that switchboard.yml
gets updated.

Thanks,

Wade