Hi Jonathon,
thanks for your reply. unfortunately the issue seems to be with
complex_multiplier ip generated by vivado. if i bypass that (my
instantiating wires that connect input to output instead of the IP)
everything works.  i noticed the IP generates a vhdl file and the aggregate
association error seems related to this. everything else in my design is
verilog so i doubt it may be my code.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM Jonathon Pendlum <jonathon.pend...@ettus.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dario,
>
> Unfortunately, Vivado's xsim simulator sometimes crashes when it runs into
> syntax and elaboration errors. Make sure you don't have issues like signals
> with multiple drivers, undriven signals, missing reset logic, typos, etc.
> Note that these issues may be in code that is/seems unrelated to the cmul
> instantiation.
>
> Also, if you have access to ModelSim, I would highly suggest trying that
> tool instead as it is far more robust than xsim. You can use the vsim make
> target to use ModelSim.
>
> Jonathon
>
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 5:54 AM Dario Pennisi via USRP-users <
> usrp-users@lists.ettus.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i'm trying to simulate a block where i'm using cmul. in order to have
>> that compiled in i am including the following in my Makefile under
>> rfnoc/fpga in my OOT directory:
>>
>> include $(BASE_DIR)/../lib/ip/Makefile.inc
>> SIM_SRCS = $(abspath rfnoc_block_demod_tb.sv)  \
>> $(LIB_IP_COMPLEX_MULTIPLIER_OUTS) \
>>
>> i tried also adding this to DESIGN_SRCS but when running simulation with
>> Vivado 2019.1 i see the following error:
>>
>> ERROR: [XSIM 43-3983] Internal Compiler error encountered while
>> processing aggregate association.
>> ERROR: [XSIM 43-3915] Encountered a fatal error. Cannot continue.
>> Exiting...
>>
>> if i remove cmul instance from my design simulation works.
>>
>> can you please shed some light on how to fix this?
>> thanks,
>>
>> Dario Pennisi

Dario Pennisi
ipTronix S.r.l.

Tel     +39 06 66183814
Fax     +39 06 66188420
Mobile  +39 335 6878904
Web     www.iptronix.com
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.iptronix.com__;!!KXGHL9MWuGc!s5Tn7AzcrRbHxw-tqBwTDmxvGjHnCEyM7Hgx2K_iBSRF5MT3mAq3Hf-oopBP-dAa$>

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s), if
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender by return