Hi Dario,

The generation of the IP should be the same in tree and out of tree, so it
is strange that the netlist simulation file isn't generated for you. I'd
like to try it to see if I get that behavior, but I'm currently traveling
so it might be a while before I am able to.

I wanted to let you know though that I simulated complex_multiplier in an
OOT block with Vivado recently without issue, so I know it can work. Like
Jonathon said, Vivado can sometimes be finicky. A minor change to your code
might allow it to work. Often when Vivado crashes, I remove the offending
code and add it back incrementally until I can find out what's causing
Vivado to crash. I am usually able to find a workaround that way.

Thanks,

Wade