From: Brian Padalino <bpadal...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 11:08 AM
To: Jeffrey P Long <jpl...@mitre.org>
Cc: usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Re: [EXT] Re: RFNOC block name?

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:04 AM Jeffrey P Long
<jpl...@mitre.org<mailto:jpl...@mitre.org>> wrote:
Brian-

I think I am getting closer here. I actually just went back to using network
mode so I could debug my issues without the extra challenge of the crossdev.
That is a real nice thing about the E320.

So I think the usrp probe will always come back with that error because there
is no controller for your custom block in that usrp probe code (Sorry my
terminology is probably wrong here). As you mention the generic name is just a
fact of life however I really think the getting started guide should point that
out so people know what to expect. With the proper block controller called with
the correct noc ID registered it seems to work now.

Embedded mode should probably work now too however I think I am just going to
continue in network till I get my custom design into the FPGA and then move it
over.

Thanks for your help on this.

Just to be clear, you were able to utilize the UHD_MODULE_PATH environment
variable to point to the shared library holding your controller code for your
custom block, and uhd_usrp_probe was able to come back with your custom name
instead of just Block.  Correct?

Thanks,
Brian