On 2021-11-16 03:11, Guillermo Ortas Delgado wrote:

No reason, just testing for the maximum supported MTU by DPDK. Any higher than that will throw an error. Setting the parameter to 9000 doesn’t make any difference wrt to 9600, or even a lower value in my case.

Also, I have observed this behavior when trying to increase the descriptors

·dpdk_num_mbufs=4096and dpdk_num_desc=2048àbenchmark_ratefails to launch (gets stuck after [INFO] [X300] X300 initialization sequence...)

·dpdk_num_mbufs=8192and dpdk_num_desc=2048àbenchmark_rate launches and completes, but throws plenty of errors in the process saying bnxt_rx_pkt(): mbuf alloc failed, dropping plenty of samples (i.e. 3%) even at 25Msps and timeouts happen.

·dpdk_num_mbufs=32768and dpdk_num_desc=4096àbenchmark_ratelaunches and completes with no error messages, but drops plenty of samples (i.e. 3%) even at 25Msps, but no timeouts.

All of the above happens with the [INFO] [X300] Maximum frame size: 1556 bytesmessage that started this thread.

bnxtis the driver that DPDK loads to manage the eight (8) Broadcom BCM57414 NetXtreme-E 10Gb network interfaces that I have to manage my four (4) USRPs X310. For this test I’m just using two interfaces for a single x310.

Any ideas?

Best,

Guillermo

*So, for DPDK 18.11, which is the version supported by current UHD, I see NO evidence that DPDK even supports the bnxt driver--only Intel and Mellanox.

But I understand that can be mis-leading.  The fact that it was never tested against a given 10G NIC driver doesn't mean that it won't work.

https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-19.08/rel_notes/release_18_11.html#

*