On 2022-06-22 09:05, Berkay SAYGILI wrote:

Now, I see that DPDK works fine with given UHD examples. But, it failed with Gnuradio. Can we say that Gnuradio is the bottleneck? or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone made the graph in the second test work? By the way, it is much worse when transmitting with Gnuradio at full bandwidth with or without DPDK.

To compare Intel and Mellanox NICs, Intel was dropping samples with Gnuradio with very low sample rates, Mellanox started dropping samples after 100 MSPS with both channels used. But, I was using DPDK 18.11, and UHD 4.0 with the Intel NIC, so that might be the case.

Best regards

Berkay SAYGILI

You are, to a certain extent comparing apples and oranges.  The "benchmark_rate" example never actually *DOES* anything with the samples.

Your Gnu Radio example writes them to a file.   This is MUCH more expensive.

In *general* the cost-per-sample for your typical Gnu Radio application will be considerably higher than running simple UHD "native" benchmark programs.