Thank you everyone for your help! I’m still not sure exactly the ratio between
the above parameters and timed command queue depth, but I empirically
determined that I now have a queue depth of 64. The other key observation was
to set rf_freq_policy to NONE, which increased the effective depth of my
command queue from 5 to 64. I suspect that I was still issuing commands to the
analog components even though I ensured they never needed to retune, and
changing the policy to NONE fixed that.

If any other users stumble across this thread in the future, I have been able
to achieve sub 200 us hopping consistently as long as I pipeline \~1 ms in
advance. I use separate threads for transmit, receive, and issuing timed retune
commands. My application is half-duplex, so I only hop tx or rx at time.