Are you sure that the radio is even streaming?  The typical method for
starting streaming is to tell the rx_streamer to start streaming.  Then, in
UHD-land, the rx_streamer ctrl tells the next upstring block to start
streaming such that this streaming command propagates up the chain until
the radio receives it and starts streaming.  So, if your custom block does
not forward the streaming command from the rx_streamer to the radio, then
the radio never even starts streaming.  You can verify by simply monitoring
the LEDs.

If this is the problem, you can go-around the intended use by simply
telling the radio to start streaming rather than the rx_streamer.  Or, of
course, you can modify your custom block controller to propagate the
streaming command.
Rob