Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification. I tried to set the test_reg value by calling the
set_int_property with a random value from the python script but I got this
error:

`Traceback (most recent call last):`

`  File "registro_gain.py", line 360, in <module>`

`    main()`

`  File "registro_gain.py", line 338, in main`

`    tb.start()`

`  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line
111, in start`

`    top_block_start_unlocked(self._impl, max_noutput_items)`

`  File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/runtime_swig.py",
line 4832, in top_block_start_unlocked`

`    return _runtime_swig.top_block_start_unlocked(r, max_noutput_items)`

`` RuntimeError: RuntimeError: AccessError: Attempting to write to property
`test_reg' without access privileges! ``

I thought that occurred because I hadn’t defined the set_int_property function
inside my block controller. So I included the method and now I have the
following error:

`[ERROR] [RFNOC::GRAPH] Caught exception while initializing graph:
RuntimeError: Attempting to double-register property: test_reg[USER:0]`

I don’t know any other mechanism to change that signal in GNURadio so I will
try to translate my graph to use the uhd API directly

Kind Regards,

Maria