Apology accepted, and the exact phrase was:

"...and just a lot of pointless fist-pounding about IDNA2008. If anyone is
still trying to assert authority about this after 15 years, maybe the
problem is with the document"

I try to make it a policy to never talk behind anyone's back, but this is
difficult to get right 100% of the time. There were people in front of the
ellipsis, but they were all CCed.

I'm sorry that there are weird domain names that in fact totally suck, but
I didn't do it, and I have nothing to gain or lose here.

thanks,
Rob