On 07/28, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > Questions: should I send the change in signal.c to Andrew right now?
> > It can be applied separetely, it doesn't break utrace_report_jctl().
>
> Yes, send it now.

OK, will do

> It might be best just to send a replacement
> for signals-tracehook_notify_jctl-change.patch that rolls this in.

Oh. I am looking at signals-tracehook_notify_jctl-change.patch. It is
not trivial but doesn't really change do_signal_stop() (except it folds
finish_stop() into).

Roland, I'd prefer to send this change separately. Otherwise it will
be really hard to review the unified patch.

> I wouldn't mention particular utrace code in its log message.

Yes, yes, sure.

> Just something like the old log paragraph:
>
>     Tracing needs the siglock here, held from the time TASK_STOPPED was set,
>     to avoid potential SIGCONT races if it wants to allow any blocking in its
>     tracing hooks.
>
> adjusted appropriately, perhaps:
>
>     Tracing wants to be able to drop and reacquire the siglock here,
>     before TASK_STOPPED is set, to avoid potential SIGCONT races if it
>     wants to allow any blocking in its tracing hooks.

OK, thanks.

Oleg.