On 08/14, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I've merged those onto the utrace-ptrace branch.  We can proceed however
> you'd like.  But I'm not sure how much sense it makes to do it all by
> incremental change on the old utrace-ptrace branch.  The way you're going,
> we'll have a new big utrace-ptrace.patch in the end.

Yep. And I agree, this is not good.

> But I don't think
> that's what we'll need to submit upstream.
>
> In the end, what I expect we'll want is the ptrace-on-utrace work, and
> perhaps the utrace core itself too, split into smaller incremental pieces

The only problem, right now I can't imagine how to make the smaller
incremental (and bisectable) changes.

And more, I can't imagine how the code will look after rework. _Perhaps_,
when the code will be ready, I will be able to split the changes.

OK. As always, I did much less than expected. I am sending 07-09 trivial
patches now. I need to think a bit before further changes. (I did a bit
more change in fact, but then reverted them all and started from the
beginning).

Oleg.