> >What does the code in the jumped-to vma do?
>
> 1. Write a trace entry into shared memory, trap into the kernel on overflow.
> 2. Trap if a condition is satisfied (fast watchpoint implementation).
>
> >Is the instrumentation code
> >that corresponds to the uprobe handlers encoded in an ad hoc .so?
>
> Looks like a good idea, but it doesn't matter much to me.

That looks to be a nice idea. We should certainly look into this
possibility. However can we look at this option probably a little later?

Our plan was to do one step at a time i.e have the basic uprobes in
first and target the booster (i.e jump to the next instruction without
the need for single-stepping next).

We could look at this option of using jump instead of int3 after we are
done with the booster.  Hope that's okay.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar