Thanks Roland and Mark. I had found the post on LWN (and a rgrep user_regset in
the kernel gives much fun when so many architectures except arm appear).
In terms of "good story", I meant to convince company people who already have
hard times reaching time to market for their SoC (I guess I am one of these
guys ;-) ). For us, acceptable/not too bad (or at least "existing") code may
forbid to investigate "better" solution, as we have so many topics in bad
shape. And we do not leverage all features.

But frankly speaking, I have seen that improving/maturing much in last years.
This is for example why I have been able to spend time on systemtap and other
tools/methodologies/frameworks. And the optimizations/debug techniques we could
propose to dev teams thanks to this have justified afterwards the time spent.

So as it makes sense, I will try to revive this topic.

Regards
fred

Frederic Turgis
OMAP Platform Business Unit - OMAP System Engineering - Platform Enablement

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet.
036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920